If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance you’re interested in creating a mobile app. And why not? Smartphones are practically ubiquitous at this point, and businesses that develop their own mobile apps have a huge opportunity to reach new customers and differentiate themselves from the competition. But what does it take to create a successful mobile app? Well, keep reading for six tips that will set you on the right path.
1. Do your research – figure out what type of app you want to make and who your target audience is
2. Sketch out your ideas – use a pencil and paper or a whiteboard to map out how the app will work
3. Create a prototype – this will help you test whether your app is feasible
4. Find a developer – someone who can turn your prototype into an actual mobile application5. Market your app – get people talking about it online and in person, and make sure it’s available on all major platforms
6. Maintain your app – update it regularly with new features and fix any bugs that pop up
iOS, Android, MacOS… there are so many options when it comes to creating a mobile application. But before you start coding away, it’s important to do your research. What platform will your app be most successful on? iOS has a more affluent user base, while Android dominates the global market share. If you’re focused on the US market, iOS is probably the way. But if you’re looking to reach a wider audience, Android is the better choice. And don’t forget about MacOS! Although it doesn’t have the same market share as iOS or Android, there are still plenty of opportunities for success. So whatever platform you choose, make sure you’ve done your research first. It could mean the difference between a top app and a poor app.
So there you have it- a whistle-stop tour of what goes into making an app. If you’ve been inspired to make your own, or are just curious about the process, be sure to enter this year’s Aus App Awards! We’re giving away some great prizes and want to see your amazing creations. Head over to our website for all the details on how to apply and start building something truly special.
If you’re a new app designer in Australia, you may be wondering how to get started. There are a lot of great strategies out there, but not all of them will work for everyone. This blog post will discuss some of the best ways to get started in the industry and make a name for yourself. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Best strategies for a new app designer
1. Do your research: There are plenty of resources to help you get your research done. Survey the market and make sure your ideas have merit.
2. Plan, plan, and plan some more: We think planning is important. Map out each of your steps in a careful way.
3. Create a prototype: Prototypes can be made in Figma. We recommended Figma in a previous blog. Here is a fantastic tutorial by DesignLab outlining the steps to building a prototype.
4. Get feedback from users: User feedback is an opportunity to improve the product. Be open to all forms of feedback.
5. Iterate and improve: Nothing is the perfect first type. Be open to failure. Keep trying new things.
6. Marketing and promotion: Once you have a solid idea, work on marketing it and promoting it. This step is vital if you are growing your own brand.
So there you have it! Our top tips for designing successful apps as a new app designer. If you’re feeling inspired and want to start creating your app masterpiece, enter the Aus App Awards. We would love to see your work and who knows, maybe you could take out the first prize! Good luck and happy designing!