The iMac App Store is under-utilised in my opinion. Many game developers opt to release their applications on Steam. However, your application can still perform incredibly well as the iMac App Store is viewed by hundreds of thousands of people a day. The app in the spotlight today is Flappy Golf 2 (available here). Flappy Golf 2 uses a game mechanic made famous (or infamous) by Flappy Bird. However, it built upon its first version and has now created an application with 899 ratings at an average of 4.5 and is the number 1 ranking app in the App Store (Australia; 13th of March 2022).
Flappy Golf 2 is a great game because:
1. The game is easy to learn but difficult to master, providing a challenge for players of all skill levels
2. There are many different courses to play, each with its own unique set of obstacles and challenges
3. The graphics and animations are high quality and look great on smartphones and tablets
4. The game is free to download and play, with no in-app purchases required
5. It’s a fun way to kill time when you’re bored or waiting for something else to happen
There are other aspects of the game that make it appealing. The design of Flappy Golf 2 is done in a way that is simple, but effective. The basic 2d shapes come together to make dynamic and engaging visuals that keep people engaged.
Overall, we’d recommend playing Flappy Golf 2 if you want a solid introduction to the world of casual games. If you think your casual game could be part of our Application Spotlight series or you want to enter it into the Australian App Awards then reach out to us!