Fruit Ninja is one of the most popular games on the App Store and for good reason. The game is simple to pick up and addictive, making it perfect for a quick break or a longer session. Plus, who doesn’t love slicing up fruit?
Fruit Ninja was created by Australians at Half Brick Studios. This application is synonymous with the term mobile game.
1. Fruit Ninja was created in Australia by two brothers, Chris and Joel Ferguson: This in itself is a reason for the application’s existence on this list. It was created by two Australians.
2. The game became popular after it was released for the iPhone in 2010: Fruit Ninja was a major innovation for the mobile games market.
3. Fruit Ninja has been downloaded over 500 million times: That’s half a billion people! Yes, HALF A BILLION!
4. The game’s popularity has led to a number of spin-offs, including a Christmas-themed version and one that uses vegetables instead of fruit: Fruit Ninja has the versatility to spawn lots of different versions.
5. In 2012, Fruit Ninja was named the most downloaded app on Apple’s App Store:
If you want to make a game as successful as Fruit Ninja, it’s important to consider when your app will be released. Launching an app at the right time is key to its success – and that’s exactly what Halfbrick did with Fruit Ninja. So, if you have a great idea for an iPhone game, don’t wait – get started on development today so you can release your app when the market is primed for it. And who knows? You might just win yourself some awards in the process! Reach out to the Australian App Awards when the time comes!