In the year 2013 (ported to iOS and Android in 2015), a video game called AFL Live 2 was released in Australia to popular acclaim. The game allowed players to experience Australian Rules Football in a realistic and immersive way, and it quickly became a favourite among gamers Down Under. It is considered a cult classic. Today, we take a look back at AFL Live 2 and how it changed the face of gaming in Australia.
1. AFL Live 2 was released in a time when the AFL was experiencing a boom in popularity
2. The game featured high-quality graphics that made players feel like they were actually on the field
3. It was one of the first games to allow players to create their own teams and stadiums
4. The commentary was realistic and engaging, making fans feel like they were part of the game
5. The gameplay was challenging and exciting, keeping players hooked for hours on end
6. It was successfully ported to iOS and Android
The Australian App Awards are a great way to show off your creation and, who knows, you may just take home the prize. If AFL Live 2 was made today, it would certainly win one of the many awards on offer at the Australian App Awards.
If you’re feeling inspired after reading this post, why not head on over to the website and check out the categories? There’s something for everyone, so put your thinking cap on and start developing that award-winning game!