If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance you’re interested in creating a mobile app. And why not? Smartphones are practically ubiquitous at this point, and businesses that develop their own mobile apps have a huge opportunity to reach new customers and differentiate themselves from the competition. But what does it take to create a successful mobile app? Well, keep reading for six tips that will set you on the right path.
1. Do your research – figure out what type of app you want to make and who your target audience is
2. Sketch out your ideas – use a pencil and paper or a whiteboard to map out how the app will work
3. Create a prototype – this will help you test whether your app is feasible
4. Find a developer – someone who can turn your prototype into an actual mobile application5. Market your app – get people talking about it online and in person, and make sure it’s available on all major platforms
6. Maintain your app – update it regularly with new features and fix any bugs that pop up
iOS, Android, MacOS… there are so many options when it comes to creating a mobile application. But before you start coding away, it’s important to do your research. What platform will your app be most successful on? iOS has a more affluent user base, while Android dominates the global market share. If you’re focused on the US market, iOS is probably the way. But if you’re looking to reach a wider audience, Android is the better choice. And don’t forget about MacOS! Although it doesn’t have the same market share as iOS or Android, there are still plenty of opportunities for success. So whatever platform you choose, make sure you’ve done your research first. It could mean the difference between a top app and a poor app.
So there you have it- a whistle-stop tour of what goes into making an app. If you’ve been inspired to make your own, or are just curious about the process, be sure to enter this year’s Aus App Awards! We’re giving away some great prizes and want to see your amazing creations. Head over to our website for all the details on how to apply and start building something truly special.
If you’re a new app designer in Australia, you may be wondering how to get started. There are a lot of great strategies out there, but not all of them will work for everyone. This blog post will discuss some of the best ways to get started in the industry and make a name for yourself. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Best strategies for a new app designer
1. Do your research: There are plenty of resources to help you get your research done. Survey the market and make sure your ideas have merit.
2. Plan, plan, and plan some more: We think planning is important. Map out each of your steps in a careful way.
3. Create a prototype: Prototypes can be made in Figma. We recommended Figma in a previous blog. Here is a fantastic tutorial by DesignLab outlining the steps to building a prototype.
4. Get feedback from users: User feedback is an opportunity to improve the product. Be open to all forms of feedback.
5. Iterate and improve: Nothing is the perfect first type. Be open to failure. Keep trying new things.
6. Marketing and promotion: Once you have a solid idea, work on marketing it and promoting it. This step is vital if you are growing your own brand.
So there you have it! Our top tips for designing successful apps as a new app designer. If you’re feeling inspired and want to start creating your app masterpiece, enter the Aus App Awards. We would love to see your work and who knows, maybe you could take out the first prize! Good luck and happy designing!
Everyone has heard of the saying, “the sky’s the limit.” But what if you want to be your own boss and set your own limits? If that’s what you’re looking for, then becoming an entrepreneur might be the right choice for you. And fortunately, Australia is a great place to make that happen. With plenty of resources and support available, there’s no reason why you can’t achieve your entrepreneurial dreams. So if you’re ready to take the plunge into self-employment, here are some tips on how to become an entrepreneur in Australia.
1. Check the visa requirements to see if you are eligible to become an entrepreneur in Australia. If you’re already a resident, then that’s great! You don’t need to worry about this step
2. Research the business landscape in Australia and find a niche market to focus on
3. Contact local accelerators or incubators to get started with your business
4. Join relevant online forums and networking groups for entrepreneurs in Australia
5. Attend industry events and meetups to learn more about running a business in Australia
6. Apply for grants and funding opportunities available to Australian entrepreneurs
Australia is a great place of opportunity. You can become an entrepreneur and live your own life. If you become an entrepreneur and make an app, apply at the Aus App Awards! With over 1 million apps in the Apple App Store and Google Play, you have a lot of competition, but if you have the right idea and put in the hard work, your app could be successful. We hope this article has inspired you to start your own business or continue developing your amazing app idea. best of luck – we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
WikiCamps Australia is a great application. With it, you can easily find campsites, caravan parks, and backpacker hostels around the country. Plus, the app features user-generated content that helps you to decide where to go and what to do on your next camping trip! The Aus App Awards team will look at how this application came to be one of Australia’s greatest homegrown app successes.
1. WikiCamps is easy to use – just enter your camping location and the app does the rest (People have even said it’s the best thing you’ll spend money on while camping!)
2. WikiCamps includes all the information you need for each campsite, from facilities and amenities to GPS coordinates
3. The app has an offline mode, so you can still use it even if you’re out of cell range
4. You can find campsites near you or by your destination
5. WikiCamps is regularly updated with new information by a team of dedicated campers
If you’re looking for a great camping app that is both simple and easy to use, WikiCamps is the perfect option. With its intuitive GPS locating feature, you can easily find campsites near you or in any location around the globe. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that WikiCamps was made right here in Australia – bonus points for supporting local businesses! Are there any other Australian-made applications that you love? Reach out to us at the Australian App Awards Contact Page.
Do you want to create an app that is successful? Obviously, the answer is yes! But before you even think about designing your app, there are a few things you should know. App design is one of the most important aspects of creating an app – it can make or break your success. You may think to yourself “Why is app design important”. In this blog post, we will discuss the importance of app design and some tips on how to create an effective design for your app. Keep reading to learn more!
1. People are spending more time on their phones
2. Apps are becoming more complex and feature-rich
3. App design is critical for user engagement and retention
4. Good app design can make your business stand out from the competition
5. There are many factors to consider when designing an app
So, what do you think? Have we convinced you of the importance of mobile design in building an application? If not, maybe these statistics will help: as it turns out, 1.2 billion people access the Internet via their mobile devices and by 2019 that number is expected to grow to 2.5 billion. That’s a whole lot of potential app downloads! And if that doesn’t motivate you, consider this: according to Nielsen Norman Group research, users spend 85 percent of their time on mobile using only three apps (out of the 27 installed on average). The lesson here is clear – if you want your app to be one of those three go-to apps, make sure its design is up to par.
If you have recently designed an application or have built a prototype – reach out to the Australian App Awards now! We have more blogs available with useful tips and tricks such as “I have a great and unique app idea… How do I start the app development journey?“.
If you’re a creative, Procreate is the application to have on your iPad. It’s packed full of features that make it easy for you to create beautiful designs. In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the reasons why Procreate is the best design application out there. So if you’re ready to take your creativity to the next level, keep reading!
1. Procreate is easy to use – even for beginners. A fantastic beginner tutorial is available here!
2. There are a variety of brushes and tools available to help you create any design you can imagine
3. The app is updated frequently, so you always have access to the latest features and tools
4. You can export your designs in a variety of formats, so they’re compatible with all major design programs
5. Customer support is available 24/7 if you need help with anything
If you’re looking for a great design application to use on your iPad, we highly recommend Procreate. It has tons of features that make it easy to use and learn, and the results are always stunning. Have you tried to use Procreate? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below!
If you know of other applications made in Australia – reach out to us here!
If you’re a creative, marketer or developer, the Australian App Awards should be on your radar. The awards recognise excellence in mobile app development, and there are plenty of categories to enter. So what awards can you win? Read on to find out.
So, if you’re feeling a little down about not winning an award for your app, don’t worry – there are plenty of other awards out there that you can aim for. The Australian App Awards have a range of categories to enter, so no matter what your app does or who developed it, you’re sure to find an accolade that’s perfect for you. If you think your app has what it takes to win one (or more) of these awards, get in touch with the Aus App Awards team today and start the registration process. We can’t wait to see all the amazing apps Australia has to offer!
Sumire is an excellent game that I can’t stop playing. It’s really fun and challenging, but not impossible. I’m always excited to play it when I have some downtime. The graphics are great, and the gameplay is smooth. Plus, there are plenty of unlockables that keep you coming back for more. If you’re looking for a great game to play, definitely check out Sumire! You won’t be disappointed.
1. Sumire is an easy game to learn but difficult to master
2. The gameplay is unique and keeps you engaged for hours on end
3. There are many different ways to play the game, making it highly replayable
4. The graphics and soundtrack are top-notch and add to the overall experience
Sumire is a great game because it perfectly captures beautiful indie artwork with an emotion-filled story. If you’re looking for a similar experience, be sure to check out our other finalists in the Best Art category – we know you won’t be disappointed. And if you’ve made an amazing game like Sumire, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at the Aus App Awards – we would love to see your work recognised!
If you’re like most people, you have a side hustle. You know, that thing you do to make some extra money on the side. But what if your side hustle could be your full-time job? Turns out, it can! All it takes is a little bit of creativity and some tech skills. Before you know it – you’ll turn your side hustle into a tech startup in no time!
1. Don’t be afraid to start your own business – it’s easier than you think (here is a great resource!)
2. Use technology to help you get started – there are tons of online tools and resources available
3. Get creative with your marketing strategies and find ways to reach your target audience
4. Make sure you have a clear vision for your company and know where you want it to go
5. Believe in yourself and your ability to succeed – the only person who can hold you back is yourself
6. Be patient and don’t give up when things get tough – success doesn’t happen overnight
So you’ve got a killer side hustle and a great app idea and you want to turn it into the next big tech startup? We commend your ambition! The road from side hustle to tech startup is fraught with peril, but if anyone can make it, it’s you. Before you get started, though, there are a few things you need to know. First of all, don’t be fooled by the number of apps out there – just because an app exists doesn’t mean yours can’t make it. Secondly, remember that building a great product is only half the battle; you also need to market it well. Finally, always keep your users in mind when making decisions about your product.
Reporting on Australian Apps is what we do at the Oz App Awards. However, we like to focus on some chart-topping applications from Australia. Big Day Countdown – Counting Down To The Special Day (available here) is an application that is the number 1 lifestyle app on the App Store.
If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of things on your plate. Between work, family, and social obligations, it can be hard to keep track of everything. That’s where this reminder application comes in! It will help you stay organized and on top of your schedule. With this app, you’ll be able to set Reminders for anything that needs attention. Whether it’s an important meeting or a task you need to get done, this app will make sure you don’t forget about it. We want to break down Big Day Countdown and let you know what makes it a great tool.
1. You can countdown to a specific event for a specific time of day
2. Detailed customisation (it will show you the exact time left)
3. Customisable background colour and text colour
4. Launch at login
Big Day Countdown is one of the best reminder applications available on the Mac App Store. The ease of use makes it a fantastic and reliable tool for remembering important events. Whether you’re using it to keep track of your work deadlines or as a personal reminder for an upcoming birthday party, this app is sure to make your life just a little bit easier. Have you seen a great app recently? Let us know and we’ll report on it!