You’ve always wanted to learn a language but you don’t know where to start. We’ve listed some of the best applications to learn a new language but we wanted to do a deep dive into one of the more innovative ones. This is Toucan – Language Learning (available here). We will do a deep dive into what makes Toucan – Language Learning so good.
What makes Toucan – Language Learning a great app?
1. It lets you learn as you go.
2. It helps you stay motivated.
3. It allows you to be quick, efficient and productive.
4. Quick installation and easy to use.
5. Play minigames to practice what you’ve learned
If you’re looking for an easy and fun way to start learning a new language, Toucan Language Learning is the perfect option. The application is easy to use and can be installed on any device, so you can take your lessons with you wherever you go. Plus, there are tons of different languages to choose from, so you’re sure to find the one that’s right for you. Learn a new language today with Toucan Language Learning!
Have a suggestion for a language learning application? Contact us and we’ll write a review on it!
So, you’ve decided you want to learn a new language. Congratulations! But the question is, how do you go about it? With so many different applications and methods to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start. Luckily, we’re here to help. In this post, we’ll outline some of the best applications for learning a new language. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced speaker, there’s sure to be something here for you. So read on and get started today!
Duolingo boasts 500 million users. It was the most popular language-learning application on the app store and you can learn languages like Spanish, French, Arabic and Chinese.
One of my personal favourites – Mango has a lot more languages available such as Farsi, Kazakh, Malay and many more!
Another one of my favourites – Pimsleur uses traditional means of learning through listening and repetition.
Rosetta Stone is one of the most awarded language learning applications in the world. It is known for being highly effective with some users saying they’ve become fluent in 3 months.
Toucan is a browser extension that lets you learn a language while simply browsing the internet.
So, whether you’re looking to learn a new language for work or travel, want to be able to converse with your in-laws or just need a way to keep the kids quiet on long car journeys, there’s an app out there that can help. We’ve taken a look at some of the best language learning apps available and we’re excited to share our findings with you. Check out our top five picks below and start learning today!
At the Australian App Awards (or Oz App Awards) we want to vote for the best applications. Is there a language application we haven’t covered? Let us know here!
Do you have an app idea that you’re just bursting to bring to life? Are you unsure of where to start or how to get started? Don’t worry, you’re not alone! Creating an app from scratch can seem daunting, but with a little planning and some help from the right people, it can be easier than you think. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the basics of starting your own app development process – so read on and get ready to make your dream a reality!
1. Figure out what your app does and who your target audience is
2. Do some research to see if there are any similar apps on the market
3. Create a prototype of your app and test it with users. A fantastic tool to use is Figma
4. Register as a business entity and set up a bank account
5. Find an app development company or do it yourself
6. Market your app to potential users
It’s time to get started on your app idea! Follow the simple steps we outlined and you could be well on your way to having a successful application in the Aus App Awards. Don’t forget, if you ever have any questions or need help along the way, our team is here for you. Good luck and happy development!
Everyone wants to be productive even if it’s in their spare time or actually working. Streaks by Crunchy Bagel does just that. Founded by South Australian Quentin Zervaas, Streaks is a productivity app. Whether it is walking the dog or eating a healthy meal, Streaks lets you track all tasks in your day and holds you accountable
The Australian App Awards is a celebration of the best and brightest in app development from our sunburnt country. If you’re an Aussie developer with an app that wows, make sure you enter as soon as possible! And if you just can’t get enough of great apps, be sure to check out the rest of the nominees for this year’s awards. There are some real gems in there – we promise you won’t be disappointed.
The Australian App Awards are the newest kids on the block. We are starting from the ground up, by giving Australian developers, designers and creatives the chance to win awards against their peers. But a major question is: how do the Australian App Awards work? We’re here to remove the confusion around this with this blog!
1. Awards categories
Award Winners are notified via email and blog post. We will let you know when you’ve won an award and send you through the HTML snippet to show the world.
3. Criteria for judging
There are four main criteria for judging:
It is important to balance all these items when delivering a project which is why we decided to make these the criteria. All these items are taken into consideration when deciding the winners.
4. Benefits of winning an award
There are plenty of benefits for winning an award. Firstly it gives credibility to your project. Secondly it provides fantastic back links on the internet. There are multiple levels of awards such as Bronze, Silver and Gold.
5. How to nominate an app for an award
Use the process at the Australian App Awards. Submit a site and fill out all the information. The more information the better!
6. The process of judging apps
There will be a panel of judges who will decide whether your application wins an awards.
If you’re an Australian developer with a great app, it’s easy to nominate yourself for the Australian App Awards. Just head over to our website and submit your site. We love apps here at the Australian App Awards, so we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
There are a lot of app awards out there. But which ones are the best? Well, we have searched high and low and have come up with the definitive list of the top app awards in Australia! Unfortunately, without us there isn’t any possible App Awards. However, we have scoured the internet to find the best app awards in Australia that serve an international scale. So without further ado, here they are!
1. There are many mobile app awards to choose from, but some are more prestigious than others: This goes without saying but there are plenty of awards out there!
2. The Google Play Awards are a great place to start – they recognize the best Android apps of the year: In fact – an Australian company won it in 2021 with the application Laughscape! That is a fantastic achievement from all invovled.
3. The Webby Awards are another well-known award show that celebrates the best in web design and technology. The Webby Awards are known as the leading international awards honouring excellence on the internet. Although it serves more than just applications, it does the trick!
4. If you’re looking for an international award, the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity is a good option: The Cannes Lions is a fantastic way to get international traction.
5. Finally, don’t forget about industry-specific awards – like the Crunchies Awards for tech startups or the Game Developers Conference (GDC) Awards for video game developers
6. The Australian App Awards: Look – we had to plug ourselves here okay? We are the leading App Awards in Australia for a reason
So, if you’re an Australian app developer with a fantastic new app to show off, what are you waiting for? The Australian App Awards is the perfect opportunity to get your work recognised by your peers and the industry at large. With categories catering to all types of apps, there’s no excuse not to enter – check out the nominees here and start preparing your submission today!
The goal of the Australian App Awards is to recognise Australian designed, made or developed applications. However, we also want to shed light on some of the most reliable applications made by international designers and developers. My personal favourite is Magnet. Magnet is a desktop organised that allows you to auto snap windows. It is fantastic for keeping yourself organised.
Magnet innovates the way you manage your desktop! Here’s how:
1. Keep your workspace organised!
2. Organise your desktop with corners, halves and sides!
3. Drag and drop so the sites and applications fill up the screen with total ease
4. Highly adaptable! It works on both horizontal and vertical screens
Overall, we would consider Magnet to everyone who owns a Macbook!
In the year 2013 (ported to iOS and Android in 2015), a video game called AFL Live 2 was released in Australia to popular acclaim. The game allowed players to experience Australian Rules Football in a realistic and immersive way, and it quickly became a favourite among gamers Down Under. It is considered a cult classic. Today, we take a look back at AFL Live 2 and how it changed the face of gaming in Australia.
1. AFL Live 2 was released in a time when the AFL was experiencing a boom in popularity
2. The game featured high-quality graphics that made players feel like they were actually on the field
3. It was one of the first games to allow players to create their own teams and stadiums
4. The commentary was realistic and engaging, making fans feel like they were part of the game
5. The gameplay was challenging and exciting, keeping players hooked for hours on end
6. It was successfully ported to iOS and Android
The Australian App Awards are a great way to show off your creation and, who knows, you may just take home the prize. If AFL Live 2 was made today, it would certainly win one of the many awards on offer at the Australian App Awards.
If you’re feeling inspired after reading this post, why not head on over to the website and check out the categories? There’s something for everyone, so put your thinking cap on and start developing that award-winning game!
Don’t you love it when your friends tell you that your website looks great and they’re not just being nice? It feels good to know that all of the efforts you put into creating your website was worth it. And one way to really find out if your website is great is to enter it into a website award contest!
There are many different website award contests out there, so how do you know which one is right for you? And even more importantly, how do you convince your boss or client to let you enter? This is where the Australian App Awards comes in. We provide awards for websites and applications, with a focus on Australia.
Why enter my website into a website award?
1. I’m a small business owner and could use the extra publicity
2. My website is well-designed and easy to navigate
3. I update my website regularly with fresh content
4. My website provides valuable information to my visitors
5. I have a strong social media presence (once you have an award you can boost your social media presence!)
6. My website is responsive, meaning it looks good on all devices
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off your website design skills and have a chance to win some awards, the Australian App Awards is just what you need. This competition is open to anyone with a great idea and an even better website. So, put on your creativity cap and enter today! And who knows? You could be the next big thing in app development. Have you started working on your entry yet?
Fruit Ninja is one of the most popular games on the App Store and for good reason. The game is simple to pick up and addictive, making it perfect for a quick break or a longer session. Plus, who doesn’t love slicing up fruit?
Fruit Ninja was created by Australians at Half Brick Studios. This application is synonymous with the term mobile game.
1. Fruit Ninja was created in Australia by two brothers, Chris and Joel Ferguson: This in itself is a reason for the application’s existence on this list. It was created by two Australians.
2. The game became popular after it was released for the iPhone in 2010: Fruit Ninja was a major innovation for the mobile games market.
3. Fruit Ninja has been downloaded over 500 million times: That’s half a billion people! Yes, HALF A BILLION!
4. The game’s popularity has led to a number of spin-offs, including a Christmas-themed version and one that uses vegetables instead of fruit: Fruit Ninja has the versatility to spawn lots of different versions.
5. In 2012, Fruit Ninja was named the most downloaded app on Apple’s App Store:
If you want to make a game as successful as Fruit Ninja, it’s important to consider when your app will be released. Launching an app at the right time is key to its success – and that’s exactly what Halfbrick did with Fruit Ninja. So, if you have a great idea for an iPhone game, don’t wait – get started on development today so you can release your app when the market is primed for it. And who knows? You might just win yourself some awards in the process! Reach out to the Australian App Awards when the time comes!