If you’re like most creatives, you want your app to look and feel professional. But how can you be sure that it’s actually developed that way? Are you sure the app is developed professionally?
1. Hire a professional development team: A professional team can be hard to find. You can view a top list of companies through Clutch’s Top Ranking App Developers in Australia. Alternatively, websites like Upwork and Fiverr are proving reputable sources for finding professional app developers.
2. Have a clear vision and goal for your app: It is important to know exactly what you want. Going into development with half an idea will make it difficult to finish the project.
3. Make sure the team understands your vision: Once you have your team and your design, you need to make sure the team are aligned. Having the same vision is essential for success.
4. Be involved in the development process: Don’t take a back seat. Make sure you’re actively involved in the process from start to finish. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
5. Test the app thoroughly before releasing it to the public: Have a group of friends or family who will happily test your application.
6. Don’t be afraid of feedback: Feedback is an important part of making an application better. If someone says something, take it onboard.
So, you’ve decided to take the plunge and develop your very own app? Congratulations! Developing an app can be a fun and rewarding experience, but it’s important to make sure that you do everything correctly from the start. That’s why we’ve put together this guide on how to be sure your app is developed professionally. By following these steps, you can avoid costly mistakes and ensure that your app is ready for primetime. And when you finish, don’t forget to enter it in the Australian App Awards – the competition will be fierce, but it could be worth your while!
Canva is a website that allows users to create beautiful designs without any design experience. It’s simple to use and has a wide range of templates and tools that make it perfect for anyone looking to create stunning visuals. We recognise this trailblazer in the Australian technology industry. Canva founder Melanie Perkins was turned back plenty of times but understood the potential of Canva.
So why is Canva so successful? We take a look at some of the key reasons below:
1. Canva is easy to use – even for people who aren’t tech-savvy: This is the biggest strong point of Canva. It is easy for anyone to jump into.
2. There are tons of templates and design elements to choose from: Templates makes it incredibly easy to jump into social media posts or designs.
3. You can create professional-looking graphics without having to hire a designer: Being able to reduce costs by not using a designer is a fantastic reason why Canva is so successful.
4. The pricing structure is very affordable, especially for small businesses and entrepreneurs: Canva has a free tier! Enough said.
5. Customer service is excellent – if you have any questions or problems, they will help you out
6. Overall, Canva is the perfect online graphic tool for anyone who wants to create beautiful visuals without spending a lot of money or time learning how to use complex software programs
If you want to create an award-winning app, learn from the best. Canva is a perfect example of an Australian app that has achieved global success. With its easy-to-use design interface and wide range of templates, tools, and fonts, it’s no wonder this app has been downloaded over 100 million times. If you want your app to make a big impact in the world (or just Australia), be sure to enter the Australian App Awards. Click here for more information on how to enter!
Has this ever happened to you? You have a great idea for an app, but you’re not sure how to turn it into a working prototype? You think about it all the time, but don’t know where to start. Well, don’t worry – you’re not alone! This can be a common challenge for creatives and marketers. But with the right advice and tools, you can turn your application idea into a reality. In this blog post, we’ll share some tips on how to do just that. So read on and get started on your journey to turning your application idea into a working protoype.
Key steps in turning your app idea into a prototype:
1. Figure out what your app does and who it is for: Having a detailed planning phase can help you in the long run. Understanding exactly what your app can and can’t do is important.
2. Do some research to see if a similar app exists: If a similar application exists then use it as a case study. Do you have the opportunity to pivot?
3. Create a prototype and test it with potential users: The prototype is a costly step in the entire process. It will be your first major investment. You can try it yourself by combining tools such as Canva and Figma to produce beautiful screens that work as a prototype.
4. Draw up a business plan and get feedback from friends and family: Once the prototype is up and running get your friends and family to test it out. They can provide the best possible feedback.
5. Register your company and find an app developer: This step means you’re ready to go. You’re comfortable with your application idea and you’re ready to start the next step of your journey.
So, there you have it! Our top tips for turning your app idea into a prototype. We hope you found this article helpful and that it has given you the push you need to get started on your next big venture. And don’t forget – if you want to enter your award-winning app into the Australian App Awards, click here!
The iMac App Store is under-utilised in my opinion. Many game developers opt to release their applications on Steam. However, your application can still perform incredibly well as the iMac App Store is viewed by hundreds of thousands of people a day. The app in the spotlight today is Flappy Golf 2 (available here). Flappy Golf 2 uses a game mechanic made famous (or infamous) by Flappy Bird. However, it built upon its first version and has now created an application with 899 ratings at an average of 4.5 and is the number 1 ranking app in the App Store (Australia; 13th of March 2022).
Flappy Golf 2 is a great game because:
1. The game is easy to learn but difficult to master, providing a challenge for players of all skill levels
2. There are many different courses to play, each with its own unique set of obstacles and challenges
3. The graphics and animations are high quality and look great on smartphones and tablets
4. The game is free to download and play, with no in-app purchases required
5. It’s a fun way to kill time when you’re bored or waiting for something else to happen
There are other aspects of the game that make it appealing. The design of Flappy Golf 2 is done in a way that is simple, but effective. The basic 2d shapes come together to make dynamic and engaging visuals that keep people engaged.
Overall, we’d recommend playing Flappy Golf 2 if you want a solid introduction to the world of casual games. If you think your casual game could be part of our Application Spotlight series or you want to enter it into the Australian App Awards then reach out to us!
Do you have a great idea for an application, but don’t know how to get started? Or maybe you’re stuck in the development process and need some inspiration. Either way, we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make an award-winning application. Whether it’s your first app or your hundredth, these tips will help you create something special. So let’s get started!
1. Start by doing your research – know the award you’re applying for and what the judges are looking for
Research is such an important step in making and designing an award-winning application. At the Australian App Awards we look for quirky and unique designs that catch our attention!
2. Tailor your application to fit the specific award criteria
There are plenty of awards out there. If you’re creating a specific entry for design, then make sure to follow the best and most current design standards.
3. Make sure your writing is clear, concise, and error-free
Copywriting is important. If the website is confusing and convoluted then you’ll have no change. Sometimes when you’re designing an application you’ll forget to check grammar. It is important and we notice.
A few additional points include:
4. Use strong visuals to support your application story
5. Don’t be afraid to show off your accomplishments!
6. Ask someone else to read over your application before submitting it
So there you have it- a quick guide on how to design an award-winning app. Follow these simple steps and your application will be sure to wow the judges! As always, if you need help along the way or want some more advice, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. And remember, the Australian App Awards are just around the corner- so enter today for your chance to win big!
Have you ever thought about entering your work into an award? Maybe you’ve been nominated for something before and thought, “Why bother?”. Or, perhaps you’ve always wanted to enter but never quite knew how to go about it. Today, we’re here to tell you why entering your work into awards can be a fun and rewarding experience! Here are four reasons why you should enter your application into an award:
1. You could win big!
2. It’s a great way to get feedback on your work
3. It can help you build your portfolio
4. Awards are a lot of fun! Keep reading to learn more about each of these points.
There are also amazing reasons as to why it could actually help your application and business in the long run:
1. Awards can help increase your app’s visibility (Don’t take our word for it – take a look at this blog!)
2. Awards can help you attract new users and investors
3. Awards can give your app some credibility
4. Awards are a great way to show off your hard work
5. Awards can help you build relationships with other app developers and industry professionals
If you’re feeling inspired, or just want to see some of the amazing entries so far, be sure to head over to the Australian App Awards website and submit your application! We can’t wait to see what you come up with. Best of luck – and may the odds be ever in your favour!