If you’re a creative, Procreate is the application to have on your iPad. It’s packed full of features that make it easy for you to create beautiful designs. In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the reasons why Procreate is the best design application out there. So if you’re ready to take your creativity to the next level, keep reading!
1. Procreate is easy to use – even for beginners. A fantastic beginner tutorial is available here!
2. There are a variety of brushes and tools available to help you create any design you can imagine
3. The app is updated frequently, so you always have access to the latest features and tools
4. You can export your designs in a variety of formats, so they’re compatible with all major design programs
5. Customer support is available 24/7 if you need help with anything
If you’re looking for a great design application to use on your iPad, we highly recommend Procreate. It has tons of features that make it easy to use and learn, and the results are always stunning. Have you tried to use Procreate? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below!
If you know of other applications made in Australia – reach out to us here!
Sumire is an excellent game that I can’t stop playing. It’s really fun and challenging, but not impossible. I’m always excited to play it when I have some downtime. The graphics are great, and the gameplay is smooth. Plus, there are plenty of unlockables that keep you coming back for more. If you’re looking for a great game to play, definitely check out Sumire! You won’t be disappointed.
1. Sumire is an easy game to learn but difficult to master
2. The gameplay is unique and keeps you engaged for hours on end
3. There are many different ways to play the game, making it highly replayable
4. The graphics and soundtrack are top-notch and add to the overall experience
Sumire is a great game because it perfectly captures beautiful indie artwork with an emotion-filled story. If you’re looking for a similar experience, be sure to check out our other finalists in the Best Art category – we know you won’t be disappointed. And if you’ve made an amazing game like Sumire, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at the Aus App Awards – we would love to see your work recognised!
Reporting on Australian Apps is what we do at the Oz App Awards. However, we like to focus on some chart-topping applications from Australia. Big Day Countdown – Counting Down To The Special Day (available here) is an application that is the number 1 lifestyle app on the App Store.
If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of things on your plate. Between work, family, and social obligations, it can be hard to keep track of everything. That’s where this reminder application comes in! It will help you stay organized and on top of your schedule. With this app, you’ll be able to set Reminders for anything that needs attention. Whether it’s an important meeting or a task you need to get done, this app will make sure you don’t forget about it. We want to break down Big Day Countdown and let you know what makes it a great tool.
1. You can countdown to a specific event for a specific time of day
2. Detailed customisation (it will show you the exact time left)
3. Customisable background colour and text colour
4. Launch at login
Big Day Countdown is one of the best reminder applications available on the Mac App Store. The ease of use makes it a fantastic and reliable tool for remembering important events. Whether you’re using it to keep track of your work deadlines or as a personal reminder for an upcoming birthday party, this app is sure to make your life just a little bit easier. Have you seen a great app recently? Let us know and we’ll report on it!
You’ve always wanted to learn a language but you don’t know where to start. We’ve listed some of the best applications to learn a new language but we wanted to do a deep dive into one of the more innovative ones. This is Toucan – Language Learning (available here). We will do a deep dive into what makes Toucan – Language Learning so good.
What makes Toucan – Language Learning a great app?
1. It lets you learn as you go.
2. It helps you stay motivated.
3. It allows you to be quick, efficient and productive.
4. Quick installation and easy to use.
5. Play minigames to practice what you’ve learned
If you’re looking for an easy and fun way to start learning a new language, Toucan Language Learning is the perfect option. The application is easy to use and can be installed on any device, so you can take your lessons with you wherever you go. Plus, there are tons of different languages to choose from, so you’re sure to find the one that’s right for you. Learn a new language today with Toucan Language Learning!
Have a suggestion for a language learning application? Contact us and we’ll write a review on it!
The goal of the Australian App Awards is to recognise Australian designed, made or developed applications. However, we also want to shed light on some of the most reliable applications made by international designers and developers. My personal favourite is Magnet. Magnet is a desktop organised that allows you to auto snap windows. It is fantastic for keeping yourself organised.
Magnet innovates the way you manage your desktop! Here’s how:
1. Keep your workspace organised!
2. Organise your desktop with corners, halves and sides!
3. Drag and drop so the sites and applications fill up the screen with total ease
4. Highly adaptable! It works on both horizontal and vertical screens
Overall, we would consider Magnet to everyone who owns a Macbook!
In the year 2013 (ported to iOS and Android in 2015), a video game called AFL Live 2 was released in Australia to popular acclaim. The game allowed players to experience Australian Rules Football in a realistic and immersive way, and it quickly became a favourite among gamers Down Under. It is considered a cult classic. Today, we take a look back at AFL Live 2 and how it changed the face of gaming in Australia.
1. AFL Live 2 was released in a time when the AFL was experiencing a boom in popularity
2. The game featured high-quality graphics that made players feel like they were actually on the field
3. It was one of the first games to allow players to create their own teams and stadiums
4. The commentary was realistic and engaging, making fans feel like they were part of the game
5. The gameplay was challenging and exciting, keeping players hooked for hours on end
6. It was successfully ported to iOS and Android
The Australian App Awards are a great way to show off your creation and, who knows, you may just take home the prize. If AFL Live 2 was made today, it would certainly win one of the many awards on offer at the Australian App Awards.
If you’re feeling inspired after reading this post, why not head on over to the website and check out the categories? There’s something for everyone, so put your thinking cap on and start developing that award-winning game!
Fruit Ninja is one of the most popular games on the App Store and for good reason. The game is simple to pick up and addictive, making it perfect for a quick break or a longer session. Plus, who doesn’t love slicing up fruit?
Fruit Ninja was created by Australians at Half Brick Studios. This application is synonymous with the term mobile game.
1. Fruit Ninja was created in Australia by two brothers, Chris and Joel Ferguson: This in itself is a reason for the application’s existence on this list. It was created by two Australians.
2. The game became popular after it was released for the iPhone in 2010: Fruit Ninja was a major innovation for the mobile games market.
3. Fruit Ninja has been downloaded over 500 million times: That’s half a billion people! Yes, HALF A BILLION!
4. The game’s popularity has led to a number of spin-offs, including a Christmas-themed version and one that uses vegetables instead of fruit: Fruit Ninja has the versatility to spawn lots of different versions.
5. In 2012, Fruit Ninja was named the most downloaded app on Apple’s App Store:
If you want to make a game as successful as Fruit Ninja, it’s important to consider when your app will be released. Launching an app at the right time is key to its success – and that’s exactly what Halfbrick did with Fruit Ninja. So, if you have a great idea for an iPhone game, don’t wait – get started on development today so you can release your app when the market is primed for it. And who knows? You might just win yourself some awards in the process! Reach out to the Australian App Awards when the time comes!
Canva is a website that allows users to create beautiful designs without any design experience. It’s simple to use and has a wide range of templates and tools that make it perfect for anyone looking to create stunning visuals. We recognise this trailblazer in the Australian technology industry. Canva founder Melanie Perkins was turned back plenty of times but understood the potential of Canva.
So why is Canva so successful? We take a look at some of the key reasons below:
1. Canva is easy to use – even for people who aren’t tech-savvy: This is the biggest strong point of Canva. It is easy for anyone to jump into.
2. There are tons of templates and design elements to choose from: Templates makes it incredibly easy to jump into social media posts or designs.
3. You can create professional-looking graphics without having to hire a designer: Being able to reduce costs by not using a designer is a fantastic reason why Canva is so successful.
4. The pricing structure is very affordable, especially for small businesses and entrepreneurs: Canva has a free tier! Enough said.
5. Customer service is excellent – if you have any questions or problems, they will help you out
6. Overall, Canva is the perfect online graphic tool for anyone who wants to create beautiful visuals without spending a lot of money or time learning how to use complex software programs
If you want to create an award-winning app, learn from the best. Canva is a perfect example of an Australian app that has achieved global success. With its easy-to-use design interface and wide range of templates, tools, and fonts, it’s no wonder this app has been downloaded over 100 million times. If you want your app to make a big impact in the world (or just Australia), be sure to enter the Australian App Awards. Click here for more information on how to enter!
The iMac App Store is under-utilised in my opinion. Many game developers opt to release their applications on Steam. However, your application can still perform incredibly well as the iMac App Store is viewed by hundreds of thousands of people a day. The app in the spotlight today is Flappy Golf 2 (available here). Flappy Golf 2 uses a game mechanic made famous (or infamous) by Flappy Bird. However, it built upon its first version and has now created an application with 899 ratings at an average of 4.5 and is the number 1 ranking app in the App Store (Australia; 13th of March 2022).
Flappy Golf 2 is a great game because:
1. The game is easy to learn but difficult to master, providing a challenge for players of all skill levels
2. There are many different courses to play, each with its own unique set of obstacles and challenges
3. The graphics and animations are high quality and look great on smartphones and tablets
4. The game is free to download and play, with no in-app purchases required
5. It’s a fun way to kill time when you’re bored or waiting for something else to happen
There are other aspects of the game that make it appealing. The design of Flappy Golf 2 is done in a way that is simple, but effective. The basic 2d shapes come together to make dynamic and engaging visuals that keep people engaged.
Overall, we’d recommend playing Flappy Golf 2 if you want a solid introduction to the world of casual games. If you think your casual game could be part of our Application Spotlight series or you want to enter it into the Australian App Awards then reach out to us!